There have been reports of a wave of bans being handed out to CFW users by Nintendo. To protect yourself, please do the following steps before starting this guide:
- Go to System Settings, then “Internet Settings”, then “SpotPass”, then “Sending of System Information”
- Disable the “Sending of System Information” option
- Exit the System Settings
- Go to your Friend’s List (the Face Icon in the top row of your Home Menu)
- If you receive an error and are kicked out of the menu, the Friend’s List setting is already disabled
- Go to the Friend’s List settings, then “Friend Notification Settings”, then “Show friends what you’re playing”
- Disable the “Show friends what you’re playing” option
- Exit your Friend’s List
This method involves downgrading to an older firmware version to utilize a browser-based exploit. It is not compatible with JAN (New 2DS XL) units because they cannot downgrade below 0.25.5.
Continue to 0.23.5 Install
This method flashes a commercial flashcart with the ntrboot exploit then boots it on your PANDA. It is compatible with all models and versions (including JAN).
Continue to ntrboot